Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bullying..

On Oprah today, they discuss about bullying, and they said that telling your kids to "ignore them" isn't going to work anymore. We must teach them to protect them selves and said to the other kid that they had enough and didn't want to be bullied anymore with a firm look and voice. Of course this is just not it, theres a lot of efforts that follows.
There were times when my 7 year old told me that there are some friends at school, especially the older kids would like to mock her with bad words or teased her and her friends at the school bus. I realize that this was a kind of bullying, but at that time I always tell her to ignore them and they will eventually stop teasing. But, this show opened my mind. Telling such things will not work anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment